Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Chase of a Life

There it is!! Run!! Jumping over sage brush, Oh there its goes to the left! Look out here it comes to the left of you!!! swing you got it!!!

This is some of the conversations that would happen to me when I was growing up when I would go on bug collecting tips with my dad. I bet when you think of bug catching you think of a little kid or girl skipping though the woods. This is far from what it really is. you’re running jumping, falling and getting cuts.

One of the bugs I loves to collect are day flying moths, called Hemileuca.  The reason I love to collect them is because they are a day flying moth. Which means they have a little more strength and agility then the normal butterfly, so the chase for them is more rewarding intense. These Moths would take me on a course of jumping over sage brush, leaping over ditches and ending up anywhere and everywhere. As I remember these chases it reminds me the chase God puts on us, the chase for a testimony.

This chase is never easy, but is always worth it in the end. As Christ says in Matt 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you;seek, and ye shall find;knock, and it shall be opened unto you:


three things, and all action words. Just as we seek in the 
scriptures and study them it’s never just read once and we’re done. But continually feasting on them, then we shall find. Asking is prayer. It is a scary thing for some people to ask God for something. But as we see in the scripture James 1:5 and in Moroni 10:3-5, we are told time and time again to ask him. Also we must knock. This is where it really turns to action. We must go to church, we must meet with missionaries, we must physically get up and do. We must open the door to Christ. as we see in this picture there is not door handle door handle for Christ, we must open the door for him. We must get up from our lazy boy (the comforts of the world) and go to him. 
I had to do the same things growing up to get my testimony. I couldn’t trust my parent’s testimony anymore. I needed to know for myself. So I did all the same steps, prayer, study the scriptures, and going to church. I did this course for 3-5 months. Finally it hit me as I was mowing a lawn, It’s true and you know it. When that thought came to me a warm peaceful happy feeling came over me. These feelings were the same fruits of the spirit which are talked about in Galatians 5: 22-23.
The road is often times long, the battle is hard. But when you catch that testimony it is always worth it. This testimony can change you for the rest of your life. It brings you closer to God, your relationship with him is more personal and you know he loves you. I am so thankful for this gospel and that Christ is truly at the head of it and gives modern day guidance though a prophet of God. Just like he has always done it in the bible.


No comments:

Post a Comment