Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Calming that sea around us.

As I was reading in the book of Luke the other day one story that we hear so often hit me. It is the story of Christ calming the raging sea. I began to try and see how this lesson could relate to me in my life. How does a storm over 2000 years help me in my life today. As the story goes Christ and his disciples take off in a ship to another city while on there way they run into a storm. As any person would be the disciples were scared and they woke Jesus up and he calms the sea and they arrived to the city and all was well. (this is just a summary).  
 As I thought about this a few lines hit me.
 First in we see in verse 22 it says " Now it came to pass on a certain day, that he went into a ship with his disciples: and he said unto them, Let us go over unto the other side of the lake. And they launched forth." As we think about this Christ will invite us to make changes or to grow more. We know not the day or the time, but we must be ready. Second verse 23 it talks about how the storm came and how Jesus fell asleep. As we are on the trial of discipleship hard times will come, and we may feel alone. But as it says in verse 24, they woke Christ (we can wake him as we pray for help). Then he arose and calm the sea, this can be liken to us when we are scared and Christ speaks peace to our soul. 
In this video we see how Christ can help us though hard times.

As we turn to Christ in our lives when our lives become as uneasy as the sea was for them in the ship, He will calm out soul and give us peace in our lives. I can promise that as we give more efforts to Christ we will see the blessings that of guidance and peace in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment