Friday, January 13, 2012

Be loyal to the royal within you: The ugly ducking!

As we go thought this life we hear so many degrading things that we can't help but allow some into our lives. I'm sure we have all heard some of these "You're not smart enough!" "You'll never make that team." " He wont make it far." Many of these sayings I have heard in my life, and as we go thought life we start to listen to some of them. I have wondered how can we get these thought out of our heads and why do they come up?
Since being on my mission I have come to understand a couple of things, First satan does not want us to be happy. second if satan can get us to not grow or help others then that helps him. Then last I have learned that if we turn to Christ, He can change us to be who we are suppose to be.
As I have stated in already satan does not want us to be happy he looks for every for us to fall and to give up. Because if we get off the path and settle for some, we may miss out on that which was best for us. I have seen in my life so many times of me just doing enough to get the grade, or to get out of it. If we do that in our lives satan is happy with that. If we look at ourselves as just somebody we forget that we are children of God, and we forget all that that mean.
                                                                        
We must remember who we are, we are Children of God that loves us and the power that comes form that faith is the power that changes lives. While I was growing up I though of myself as the common children  "The ugly duckling". But was I got older and read more in the scriptures I began to look at myself and the world in a different light. As I gave my life to Christ and told him I may not have much to give, but I will give it to you His love and power began to work in my life. As it says in the book of Mormon in Ether chapter 12:27   "If men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness....for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, I will make weak things become strong unto them." So as we have faith in Christ and come unto him, and begin to look at ourselves in the manner that he would have us see us in his eyes. 
The point of seeing ourselves in his eyes was addressed in the 2011 October general conference in a talk by  Sister Elaine S. Dalton entitled "Love Her Mother", She explains how fathers can help there daughters know what is best for them as they (the fathers) lead by example as she says " You can show your daughters by the way you love and honor your wife that she should never settle for less" I believe this is true as we treat those around us as Christ would they can feel of the love there Heavenly Father has for them. As we do this we ourselves will see our lives as Christ would have us, one of worth and honor! As Sister Elaine S. Dalton says, " Be Loyal to the royal within you!" 

I know that as we do turn to God and treat others as He and Christ would have us ourselves will change and we will help others come closer to Christ. The blessings that will come are amazing. I am so thankful for all that the Savior has done for us. For we may feel like we are not much but to him we truly mean everything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment