Friday, September 9, 2011

Flying Into Danger We May Not See


As my dad came I from the garage h told me to come and see his newest project. I walked out and asked what is that? He said that is a bucket trap. I just chuckled. It was a five gallon bucket with a funnel and plexiglass veins coming off of a black-light. (as seen here) 


 
I thought the trap would not work until I was able to see it in action. What would happen is the bugs would be attracted to he light they would fly towards it and then hit the plexiglass. Once they fell down the funnel would take them down to inside he bucket where the fumes from some chemicals would take the Bugs out. (that is a basic explanation).
Since being out n my mission I have see how Satan does the same things to catch us. He will set something that is pleasing to our eye in front of us. But he will put it just passed our reach. So we will have to leave out safe hold. Once we are on our way to JUST check out the “greener pasture” we fall into his trap and lose out lives to him. The things Satan uses are such things as worldly entertainment, our wants, and our lusts. And as we leave out safe holds, JUST to see it for a second,that is when we are trapped by Satan. We don’t see the danger in the situation and we talk towards it. And once Satan catches us he poisons us by degree (Alma 47:18) until we can not tell anything has happened. We need to remember we can either act on our righteous desires or be acted upon by Satan it is up to us.(2 Nephi 2:14)
This short video shows this principle very well, How we can not leave out strong holds for even a second.


I am thankful for those around me who have shown me the path to walk. So I can stay safe from Satan's power. Satan will always be there, but God is there too, and his servants the prophets. Who give us guidance for this life to stay away from the temptations of Satan.

No comments:

Post a Comment