Thursday, June 9, 2011

Swimming and The Mission

Before coming out on my mission the thought would come into my mind many times. Who am I to be a missionary? Do I really have what the Lord needs. And as I have thought about the question a great scripture comes to mind, Matt 11: 28-30 "28: Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
The think that keeps me pushing through the hard times with those doubts of how can anyone like me be preaching the gospel is this scripture. 

When I was in High School I was on the swim team and that is one lesson that I learned was when it hurts, when hard times come You have to push through it!!! The Pain of guilt and the "What if?" thoughts are the thoughts that will Kill you and eat you alive. I never cared if I lost or won in a race as long as I could look my self in the morning and be able to say you gave it all you had. 

That is the same way in life. Christ just asks us to give it all we got. He will be there. He will help us take first in the fight against Satan and the world that keeps bring us down. Christ has given us tools, the Bible, and the Book of  Mormon. Prophets, Prayer, Church, The Priesthood and the Holy Ghost. That is just like sports and training. If we don't use all the Things we have to help us train and make it to the end of the race how will we ever be able to look our self in the eyes and said we gave it all we had? How can we look our Family or Christ in the face and say I tried when we really didn't? If we ever have Questions He is only a prayer away.


For more bloggs on sports Click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment